Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which Abs-lantis will not be denied; “slightly traumatized” is basically the default state of Xavier’s original students; we pick up the slack for Nicieza; Banshee and Moira MacTaggert probably have an active and varied love life; Xavier miscounts the X-Men; we look back over the Claremont/Simonson era of the X-Universe; and Jay makes a case for the re-resurrection of Jean Grey.
- X-Men: Red
- Namor’s beard
- The conclusion of the Muir Island Saga
- Uncanny X-Men #280
- X-Factor #70.
- Cool orange spacesuits that make you immune to telepathy
- Off-brand Magneto hats
- Literary terrors of our childhoods
- Agents DeMarco & Heacock (R.I.P.)
- Casual use of nuclear weaponry
- The cavalry
- The end of the Shadow King
- The most dysfunctional timeline
- Uncanny X-Men #200-278
- The case for an eclectic X-Universe
- Resurrections, and when they do and don’t work
NEXT EPISODE: Ed Piskor’s Grand Design
The visual companion to this episode will be up sometime before the end of 2017, by which point Jay’s lungs will hopefully be working again. Yay?
(Seriously, though, fuck this cold. Fuck this cold so much.)
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)