Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER LISTENING:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which we venture out of our wheelhouse; Contest of Champions is ridiculous in any medium; Captain Britain would like you to unhand that elf; the Fury is legitimately terrifying; the Special Executive is the best at heists; Brian Braddock knows exactly what he’s getting into; Merlyn is the multiversal Charles Xavier; and this is really just the tip of the iceberg.
- Various Contests of Champions
- Marvel UK
- Marvel Superheroes 377-388
- Daredevils 1-11
- Mighty World of Marvel 7-13
- Captain Britain (Brian Braddock)
- Mad Jim Jaspers
- The Crazy Gang
- Algernon the Rat
- Omniversal Majestrix Opal Luna Saturnyne
- Life-Enhancing Fluid
- The Fury
- Alan Moore juvenilia
- The (first) death and rebirth of Captain Britain
- How to make a retcon work
- Mastermind (but not that Mastermind)
- Emma Collins
- Pre-Psylocke Betsy Braddock
- The Trial of Saturnyne
- The Special Executive
- The Captain Britain Corps
- Captain U.K. (Linda McQuillan)
- Marvelman vs. Miracleman
- Future Traumatic Stress Disorder
NEXT EPISODE: But wait! There’s more!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!