Listen to the podcast here.
111 – You’ll Have to Look Inside for That
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which Wolverine gets a wolverine; the Crazy Gang meets their match; Inferno is business as usual for Excalibur; Alan Davis covers are the best covers; David Wynne makes his on-air debut; Courtney Ross is more competent than you; Murderworld operates on a dubious economic model; Nightcrawler is the anti-Nice Guy™, and everything basically works out for the best.
- Wolverine’s wolverine
- A subtle but critical spelling difference
- Excalibur #4-7
- The greatest comic-book cover of all time
- Dialogue on covers
- Courtney Ross
- Edwardian power suits
- Arcade (again)
- The dubious economics of Murderworld
- The Looney Toones school of sexploitation
- Search terms
- Fashion in Excalibur
- A mundane but useful superpower
- The death of Courtney Ross
- Perils of transatlantic flight
- The Goblin Princess
- A really excellent gargoyle
- Several cinematic references
- A very revealing outfit
- Brigadier Alysande Stuart
- Sinister fashion
- Still more Limbo disambiguation
NEXT WEEK: Infero Post-Game, with Sam Humphries
Special thanks to David Wynne.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!