Listen to the episode here!
Tag Archive for powers
Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER READING
- Come see us at RCCC, and party with us on Friday night!
- The Milgram experiment is both horrifying and really important.
- Here are a large number of photographs of snow leopards with their tails in their mouths.
In which almost everyone is better than Romulus; Barry Windsor-Smith continues to draw the best naked X-Men; Jay has strong feelings about Wolverine’s origins; Miles still hasn’t seen The Prisoner; when in doubt, it’s probably Kang the Conqueror and/or Mystique; we remain unqualified to give bear-fighting advice; you should not hide out in a nuclear reactor; and the Coffee-a-Go-Go has probably been turned into a new-wave sushi bar or something.
- The Professor (Truett Hudson)
- Jay & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Marvel Comics Presents #72-84
- “Weapon X”
- Backstory attrition
- A really good opening montage
- Some very effective use of color
- Healing hair
- The original villain behind Weapon X
- A retconned origin of Wolverine’s claws
- Dr. Abraham Cornelius
- Carol Hines
- Terry Gilliam’s Weapon X
- Audio vs. text-based mind control
- An action figure in dubious taste
- The Milgram Experiment
- An adaptation we’d like to see
- A bad place to hide
- Subsequent “Weapon X” retcons
- How Cyclops’s powers have (and haven’t) developed
- Jay’s general failure at X-tourism
NEXT WEEK: More MCP, featuring “The Retribution Affair” and “God’s Country”!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!