Listen to the podcast here.
Tag Archive for The Rocketeer
In which Gambit is transatlantically terrible; Rick Leonardi is the poor man’s Alan Davis (but in a good way); we try and fail to care about British royals; Miles should probably read some Oscar Wilde already; Jay has a lot of feelings about The Rocketeer; Shadowcat gets a genuinely stylish costume; and we would read the hell out of a series about Destiny, Mystique, and Wolverine’s WWII adventures.
- Why Gambit isn’t welcome in the United Kingdom
- X-Men: True Friends #1-3
- The poor man’s Alan Davis
- Trad night
- Laird Alasdhair Kinross and his nonthreatening but convenient heterosexuality
- Inexplicably absent familial relationships
- Queen Lilibet the Second
- Lady Regina Windermere
- Several notable British fascists of the 1930s
- A snazzy airplane
- Several nefarious plots
- Formal pajamas
- The mystery of the Hypercolor™ kilt
- A large number of strong feelings about The Rocketeer
- Kitty Pryde’s best costumes
- Weaponized cosmic queerness (again)
- Power, agency, and the Dark Phoenix Saga
- How characters end up with their specific mutations.
NEXT EPISODE: Wolverine, again.
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!