Listen to the podcast here.
LINKS & FURTHER LISTENING
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which we return triumphant from hiatus; it’s still always Inferno in here; no one should ever under any circumstances date Cameron Hodge; Kenneth is a fundamentally hilarious name; Magneto’s family gets retconned to death; Pterosaurs are still the absolute worst; and Magik totally deserves a sidekick.
- Ka-Zar’s real name
- Shanna the She-Devil
- Our new production set-up
- What we did on our summer vacations
- Previously on X-Men
- Further limits of the mutant metaphor
- Uncanny X-Men #273-275
- A crisis of leadership
- A comic that is a metaphor that is also a comic
- Cable’s OkCupid profile
- Changing creative dynamics on the X-line
- Archangel’s middle name
- Gambit vs. Wolverine
- Censorship Steam
- The protean X-bathroom
- Magneto’s retconned family
- Colonel Semyanov
- A perhaps ill-conceived team-up
- The Self-Styled Mistress of Magnetism
- Some remarkably lucky timing
- The semantics of heel turns
- Gender and sidekicks
- Mr. Sinister’s powers
NEXT EPISODE: The end of New Mutants!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)