In which Jay discovers a continuity loop; phonetic spelling reaches a new level of implausibility; it’s always already Onslaught; X-Force’s roster gets shaken up; Siryn goes undercover; and the Upstarts remain vaguely plot-relevant despite our fervent wishes.
- Mimic (Calvin Rankin)
- Wing problems
- X-Force #45-47
- One of Adam Pollina’s more remarkable non-Marvel art credits
- One of many homages to the cover of X-Men #138
- X-Force, its members, and its recent history
- Phonetic spelling
- Warpath’s hair
- Baffling managerial decisions
- Whether Reed Richards is machine washable
- Many pouches
- An unlikely friendship
- Sabretooth’s state of mind
- Rutland, VT
- The Weisman Institute for the Criminally Insane
- Dr. Rachel Weisman
- Jeremy Stevens
- Part of why we like following X-books over time
- Character redesigns
CORRECTION: In addition to being the setting of a number of 1970s Marvel and DC stories, Rutland, VT is actually a real place with a famous annual (and largely superhero-themed) Halloween parade!
NEXT EPISODE: What X-Factor’s been up to
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!