In which writer Kelly Thompson joins us to talk Rogue and Gambit; Antarctica is Earth’s answer to the Blue Area of the Moon; Kelly unfreezes one of the great X-romances; Rogue has walked a mile in everyone’s shoes; you should probably not take romantic cues from fictional characters; Gambit should always wear hot pink; and continuity is fundamentally messy.
- What happened in Antarctica
- The Trial of Gambit
- Rogue and Gambit
- Narrative tension vs. growth
- Dueling accents
- Kelly’s defining Rogue and Gambit stories
- The cool-versus-creepy line
- Making deep cuts accessible
- The evolution of Rogue
- The future of the X-line
- Favorite costumes
- Equal-opportunity objectification
- Fundamental contradictions of continuity
- Hawkeye team-ups
- Date night with Rogue and Gambit
- MTV’s Are You the One
- RomCom hybrids
NEXT EPISODE: Meet the N-Men!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!