271 – Abs for Days (The Phalanx Covenant, Part 1 of 3)
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | RSS
In which we’re finally both back in the virtual studio; Generation X is the new Inferno; the Phalanx Covenant begins; we’re not talking about Hickman in our coverage of this story; Banshee is the adult in the room; the Phalanx is pretty sexist; and gross powers are cool.
- Peter Sís
- The Phalanx Covenant
- “Generation Next” (but not Generation Next)
- Uncanny X-Men #316-317
- X-Men #36-37
- Yet another way to do a crossover event
- Some very good visual branding
- What we’re not covering
- Sexy Banshee
- Retired Colonel Gayle Cordbecker
- Monet St. Croix (kind of)
- Early days of the Internets
- Everett Thomas (Synch)
- The fate of Sara Grey
- Phalanx Phashion
- Angelo Espinosa (Skin)
- Clarice Ferguson (Blink)
- Some guy allegedly named Gregor
- A very expensive house
- An apparent death
NEXT EPISODE: Forge does not get a puppy.
NOTE: Jay was right: LiveJournal first launched in 1999.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Abs Mentioned in Episode 51 – The X-Istentialists, Featuring Kris Anka, Marguerite Bennett, Kieron Gillen, and Peter Nguyen
Listen to the episode here!
- KRIS ANKA
- MARGUERITE BENNETT
- KIERON GILLEN
- PETER NGUYEN
- Emerald City Comicon (our favorite convention, forever)
- The other (first) Wes Anderson’s X-Men (Mash-up zeitgeist high-five to the movie trailer, which we also enjoyed a lot!)
Special thanks to Elle Collins for the last-minute abs-sist.