We’re juuuuust about recovered from Emerald City Comic Con (be sure to check out the live episode), and finally ready to show off our mountains of photos! First up: All the table sketches we remembered to photograph!
(Not pictured: A handful of solos, a couple collaborative pieces, and the marriage proposal Jay was so bewildered that someone asked him to draw that he totally forgot to document it. If you got a sketch from us that isn’t pictured here, please feel free to share it in the comments!)
In which Jay makes a sartorial switch; Hope Summers is less confusing than you might expect; we are very happy to present our first all-artist convention special; Ramon kills his idols; Rachelle deciphers the past; Bret (re)defines New Mutants; a long-time mystery is resolved; colorists deserve more respect; the Xavier School probably has an actual curriculum; and a lot of X-Men have really cool hair.
- The adventures of Hope Summers
- Several Phoenix hosts
- The time Quentin Quire became a Shi’ar god
- Jay’s mom
- Our panelists’ definitive X-Men
- E for Extinction
- Killing your idols
- Coloring as archaeology
- Visually defining the X-Men
- New Mutants that might have been
- Favorite costumes
- The actual color of Storm’s ’90s costume
- Editorial direction vs. editorial mandate
- Practical considerations in costume design
- Actual education at the Xavier School
- Wolverine’s assorted children
- The best hair in the X-Men
NEXT EPISODE: Cannonball dies (briefly)!
No visual companion to this one, but check out the first part of our ECCC gallery over on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!