In which the ladies love Hank McCoy; feelings are terrible; wereStarlins stalk the night; Stan Lee is definitely trying to sell you a car; Iceman has a lot to prove; we bid a reluctant farewell to Louise Simonson’s tenure on X-Factor; and yes, video reviews will be back eventually.
- The Intelligentsia
- Jay & Miles at Rose City Comic Con and New York Comic Con
- Prestige Format comics
- X-Factor: Prisoner of Love
- X-Factor #63-64
- A possible cameo
- Synthia Naip
- Several ways to identify individuals from outer space
- Visual conceits of supernatural noir
- A deeply unhealthy relationship
- The mysterious wereStarlin
- The hickey of destiny
- Whether Starfox would fuck a crystal
- Cyburai and/or cyberpunks
- What makes for good team costumes
- Post-Iceman cleanup
- The secret origins of Opal Tanaka
- The Gal Pal Squad
- Assorted macho bullshit
- The end of Louise Simonson’s involvement with the central X-line
- Where to find Dr. Nemesis
- Magneto’s D&D alignment
- Whether and when video reviews will return
NEXT EPISODE: Girls’ School from Heck!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
TRUE FACT: Graeme McMillan is a veritable saint.
When Graeme and Elle volunteered to guest-host Episode 69, we put out a call for questions, figuring they’d pick one or two to answer on the podcast; which they did.
What we did not figure on was what happened a day later: Graeme e-mailed us a document with answers to every single one of the questions you sent in, from continuity conundrums to comics recommendations–13 in total, exhaustively researched and fully formatted.
GRAEME. SERIOUSLY. HOW ARE YOU EVEN REAL?
Click through below for the full Q&A.