In which Chris Eddleman joins us for a close look at House of X and Powers of X; Doug Ramsey is highly relevant; resurrection is problematic in a universe with a documented afterlife; there is no reasonable in-continuity justification for the lack of trans Marvel characters; and your OT3 is canon.
- The Phalanx (more) (again) (retconned)
- House of X
- Powers of X
- Krakoa (more) (again) (retconned)
- Moira MacTaggert (retconned)
- Bar Sinister
- Sinister Secrets
- Portentous red shoes
- The Man-Machine Ascendancy
- Homo Novissima
- Transhumanism in the Marvel Universe
- The metaphysics of Krakoan resurrection
- The Five
- The true nature of Goldballs’ powers
- Trans representation and its absence
- Retroactive foreshadowing
NEXT EPISODE: Still not quite Generation X
CORRECTION: The story Jay referred to as “Everything Burns” is in fact titled “Time Runs Out,” although a good many things do burn over its course.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
Listen to the episode here!
In which we continue our delve into the eldritch end of the X-Universe, Illyana Rasputin has a rough childhood even by X-Men standards, Kitty Pryde is a Niven fan, Limbo is way metal, Vincent Price is our Belasco, and Rachel and Miles have feelings about female friendships in Claremont’s X-Men.
- Mikhail Rasputin
- Hell dimensions, including but not limited to
- The Void
- The Dark Zone
- The Hill
- The other Limbo
- Yet a third Limbo
- Illyana Rasputin
- Magic vs. Magik
- Uncanny X-Men #160
- Stepping Disks
- Storm and Illyana: Magik #1-4
- Yet another set of alternate X-Men
- The Soulsword
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!
Next week: In space, no one can hear you snikt.