Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER FESTIVITY:
- David Wynne is awesome! Here’s where you can find him on the Internet:
- The Apocrypals pretty much do what we do, but for the bible!
- The Fantasticast pretty much does what we do, but for the Fantastic Four!
Click through for Corbeau Awards and song lyrics!
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher |
In which we are beset by festivity; Scott Summers still can’t take a vacation; the Daysprings are a really good family; “G’journey” is a really good greeting; Stryfe is his own namesake; retcons have served Cable well; illustrator David Wynne makes his X-Plain podcast debut; and you should probably go ahead and get a shelf for all these awards.
- The Hayes family
- The Grey-Summers Family circa 1993
- The Adventures of Cyclops and Phoenix #1-4
- Summers/Sommers disambiguation
- Gene Ha
- Time travel
- Mother Askani
- Prelate Ch’vayre
- What “Askani” means
- When and whether Cable sleeps
- The passage of time
- Slym and Redd Dayspring
- A biblical allusion
- A very good greeting
- Prior Turrin
- “Old” English
- Li’l Stryfe
- Some constraints of superhero comics
- Rachel Summers’s self-image
- The origin of Cable’s codename
- David Wynne and his art
- “Strontium Dogs”
- The X-Fandom starter pack
- The Fifth Annual Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau Awards for Excellence at X-Cellence
- D&D with the Blue Team
- All-New staying power
- Fictional intersectionality
- Change, in general
NEXT EPISODE: Bring kleenex.
CORRECTION: In this episode, Miles states that Scott and Jean are cool. They are, in fact, categorically uncool. We regret the error.
Special thanks to carolers Tina Carleton, Matt Gardner, Peter Gresser, Erin Pence, and Steve Pence!
Check out the visual companion to this episode–along with all the song lyrics and the complete Corbeau awards–on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)