Listen to the episode here.
LINKS AND FURTHER LISTENING:
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
In which everyone’s got Inferno issues; Brett Blevins makes it work; Belasco is conspicuously absent from Inferno; you should never go into Hell barefoot; the greatest X-Men stories are about loss; and Illyana Rasputin finally gets a fairy tale ending.
- Tempus (Eva Bell)
- Storm and Illyana: Magik #1-4 (briefly)
- The two major Inferno plotlines
- New Mutants #71-73
- The best of Brett Blevins
- The rise and fall of Magik
- The ethics of time-travel interventions
- A weaponized retcon
- N’astirh Guy™
- A chair that is also a moral event horizon
- A significant soul-armor upgrade
- Several variations on a chapter title
- Possessed New York
- An overly complex conspiracy theory
- A bittersweet reunion
- The Kobayashi Maru scenario as applied to X-Men
- An even more bittersweet victory (of sorts)
- The eventual return of Magik (sort of)
- Why it’s really irresponsible to affiliate your school with a superhero team
- Our favorite versions of Wolfsbane’s transitional form
The Rise of the Goblin Queen!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes, Google Play, or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!