Listen to the podcast here.
254 – Carry Each Other
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Android | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In which Nicole Miller is fashion designer to Earth-1218 and Earth-616, Jay rejects the word “bestest”, we kind of want to just read every word of X-Men #30 aloud, One is a perfect wedding song for Scott and Jean, and you save the last dance for who brought you.
- The perils of animated weddings
- X-Men: The Wedding Album
- Nonstandard trim sizes
- Misattributed Oscar Wilde quotes
- Shatterstar’s favorite Olympic event
- Jean Grey’s short-lived modeling career
- Computo, Commander of the Robot Hive
- A most excellent wedding dress
- Cursive fonts in comics
- Jean Grey and Jubilation Lee, ambiguously excellent chosen family
- X-Men #30
- An event decades in the making
- Wolverine, Master of Penmanship
- Charles Xavier, reader stand-in
- The largely forgotten Madelyne Pryor
- The understandably tentative Rachel Summers
- The bow-tie scene
- A phenomenal two-page spread
- A set of perfect vows
- A bittersweet song for a bittersweet couple
- Victor Creed, vengeful kitty-cat
- Rogue and Gambit, best worst wedding guests
- Video albums vs. Instagram
- Beast and Banshee, jazz combo
- Scott and Jean as a couple vs. individuals
- The necessity of Scott and Jean’s relationship context
NEXT EPISODE: Goodbye, Phoenix. Hello, Britanic.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes, Stitcher, Spotify, or your favorite podcatcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!