In which literally every character in Dazzler: The Movie is the absolute worst; Beauty and the Beast is secretly kind of awesome; Ann Nocenti is an editorial war-bard; Rachel issues a hat-related retraction; and we would read the hell out of Tales from the Heartbreak Hotel.
- The many mutations of Hank McCoy
- Alison Blaire
- Dazzler: The Movie
- Dazzler’s corporate origins
- The original plans for the actual unmade Dazzler movie
- Severely off-model Storm
- Ziggy the Butler
- Several frankly horrifying courtships
- Roman Nekoboh
- Eric Beale
- Beauty and the Beast (but not that one)
- The correct way to open a miniseries
- Ann Nocenti
- Alexander Flynn
- The importance of voice in writing Beast
- Max Rocker
- The Heartbreak Hotel (but not that one) and its residents
- Nocenti narration
- Some really dubious underground theater
- The worst hat
- What Dazzler’s been up to lately
NEXT WEEK: Rock’n’Roll Annuals… IN SPACE!
ART CHALLENGE: Join us in a world where Beauty and the Beast spinoff Tales from the Heartbreak Hotel is a real, published comic–and send us your fan-art from that series!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Support us on Patreon!