Happy New Year!

OH, MY GOD, LEE MOYER AND ZACH FISCHER, HOW ARE YOU EVEN REAL?

lee_x-tras

Lee–who is also the genius behindlast week’s Erik the Red-Nosed Reindeer–even sent solicitation copy to go with the art:

Janet! Harvey! Elsie Carson! Peter Corbeau! And…. Erik the Red!

Also? Michael Rossi, who’s kind of a dick. But maybe he’ll be killed in the second issue.

P.S. No new X-books this week means no video reviews, but the new podcast episode will be up on Sunday, per usual! Happy New Year!

1. pawpaw5771 says:

Mere words could never begin to describe the sheer unbridled wonder of the art above — so I won’t even attempt it here!

2. Alex says:

This made my night. This is so awesome because this is just an amazing homage to something only fans of this podcast will get.

3. Aaron says:

Congratulations on being listed as a top podcast in ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY! Way to go!

• Rachel says:

Thank you! We are pretty bowled over! (Do you know if it’s out on newsstands yet? We checked earlier this week after a couple friends who subscribe e-mailed us, but it was still the previous issue…)

4. Aaron says:

I’m a subscriber too, so I’m not sure. I would guess that it is out by now.

5. Diplogeek says:

This is the thing of things. Hypothetically, were this available for purchase as a poster, I would immediately buy a copy, frame it, and hang it in a prominent place in my apartment.

Incidentally, I feel like Elsie Carson could have had a great sideline in commercials promoting the Affordable Care Act. “I was so desperate for health care benefits that I was forced to join Hydra just to pay my insurance bills. But thanks to the Affordable Care Act, I no longer have to choose between my personal ethics and my blood pressure medication!”Actually, that sounds more like a Liberty Mutual commercial.

6. AlexDumas says:

Now that is damned sublime artwork. I’m presuming the similarity to Paul Smith’s style is not coincidental.

7. I can’t tell you how happy this poster makes me.

8. ray says:

I want to read this comics so hard!

9. Caitlin says:

This is just spectacular! You guys really do have the best fans 🙂