In which Chris and Chad teach us to stop worrying and love the ‘90s; the line between parody and homage is thin and flexible; everything happens at the mall; no one wants to play volleyball with Cyclops; and we totally fail to resolve the question, “Does a mall babe eat chili fries?”
WARNING: This episode contains minor spoilers for X-Men ’92 #1.
- The Westchester Wars
- X-Men ’92 #1
- Digital vs. print pacing
- A continuity error
- Narrative restrictions of Battleworld
- The actual X-Men of 1992 (and the post-Claremont X-Universe)
- X-Men Adventures
- X-Men Collector’s Edition
- Mutatant Genesis
- X-Cutioner’s Song
- Early Deadpool
- Piecing together the Marvel Universe from trading cards
- The X-Men animated series
- Concurrent and complimentary adaptation
- Cassandra Nova ‘92
- The fine line between homage and parody
- Definitive story arcs of the 1990s
NEXT WEEK: Rachel Summers and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!