In which the Morlocks used to have more agency, we have a surprising amount to say about the Rat King from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Archangel receives some exceptionally disturbing news, and 90s comics are all about finding the parts you love.
- Marrow’s internal organs
- The post-Image Exodus era
- Judging books by their covers
- Uncanny X-Men #291-293
- Sexy dead girls (again)
- The Morlock leadership vacuum
- A significant Callisto personality retcon
- Failures of leadership due to own-death-faking
- The magical life and magical death of the Morlock Sewer Wizard
- Science Made Stupid
- Storm’s claustrophobia (again)
- MeMe, scourge of Miles’s childhood
- 90s Jean Grey: cartoon vs comic
- The Br’er Rabbit Technique
- Some unfortunate and significant continuity errors
- Professor Xavier’s impressive upper body strength
- Mikhail Rasputin’s genuinely terrifying mutant powers
- Bobby Drake’s potential
- Morlock organizational techniques
- Mikhail Rasputin’s very bad plan
- Jean Grey’s real talk
- The Home for Infinite Losers
- Piotr Rasputin, tragedy collector
- Copyright law and Fair Use
- Queer headcanon
NEXT EPISODE: Hub from Titan Up the Defense joins Miles to talk Bronze Age X-weirdness!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Listen to the podcast here!
In which Cyclops is the worst at vacations, Mystique is your favorite MurderMom™, Havok is eternally ABD, Kitty Pryde does science, Callisto doesn’t give a damn about her bad reputation, Xavier has a Troy Barnes moment, Miles may be the only person with fond memories of Secret Wars, and Rachel finally gets to make Spalding Gray references.
- Uncanny X-Men #176-181
- Reset issues
- Scott Summers’s second-worst honeymoon
- Cephalopod disambiguation
- Project Wideawake (more) (again)
- Valerie Cooper
- Public displays of affection
- How X-Men age
- A sewer wizard
- Doug Ramsey
- Secret Wars
- Mystique’s kids
- Mystique’s powers
- The other X-Men Forever
Next Week: The New Mutants gets weird!
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!
Send us your submissions to the Stealth / Plainclothes Cosplay Contest until the end of the day on Friday, November 7!