Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER READING
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Android | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Spotify |
In which we check in on Firestar and the New Warriors; superheroes often celebrate Bring Your Mom To The Amazon Day; Fabian Nicieza employs only the finest of lampshades; and Emma Frost still doesn’t apologize for blowing up that pony.
- Vance Astro(vik)
- Penance (but not that one)
- Austin Gorton’s X-Aminations
- New Warriors #10
- Firestar (Angelica Jones)
- The New Warriors
- Visual representations of invisible mutant powers
- The Hellions (more) (again)
- Tarot and her Morrisonian powers
- The inevitably increasing complexity of superhero origins
- The Miracle of Microwaves
- New Warriors #31
- Nova Roma
- Magma (Amara Aquilla) (or Allison Crestmere, I guess)
- A brief and futile attempt at Roman soldier disambiguation
- Empath and his large collection of red flags
- Gender-based intuition
- A massive, stupid, and quickly undone retcon
- Super-nature versus super-nurture
- The hypothetical psychological roots of Emma Frost’s fashion phases
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor finally makes it to Genosha!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)