In which Jay would absolutely fight Christmas; we welcome guest X-Perts Christina Strain and Chip Zdarsky; a gift arrives; we consider the relationship of Generation X to Generation X; it is really not okay to leave your discarded skins lying around; D.O.A. is inordinately delightful; Chamber is the punk Shadow; Gateway goes to school; the Generation X TV movie is very, very bad; telepathy is free; the grown-ups are all right; home sucks; freedom rocks; Mondo deserves better; Matt Frewer did most things first; Kevin McNulty has appeared in literally everything; and you remain our favorites, ever.
- Mutation, for some value of the term
- Holidays and the observation thereof
- December 9
- Jay’s ideal Christmas
- How Chris Bachalo’s name is pronounced (more) (again) (sorry)
- Several promotions
- Generation X
- Generation X #1-4
- Generation X
- Husk (Paige Guthrie)
- M (Monet St. Croix)
- Skin (Angelo Espinosa)
- Synch (Everett Thomas)
- Chamber (Jonothon Starsmore)
- The New Xavier School for Gifted Youngsters
- Counting Genises
- The housekeeping implications of body horror
- The M retcon
- Continuity in costume design
- The Danger Grotto
- Emplate (somewhat)
- Penance (not that one)
- Scrabble burns
- An alternate take on power duplication
- Mondo ()
- The return of Nanny and the Orphanmaker
- Eliot ()
- A tentative friendship
- How the Age of Apocalypse comes to Generation X
- A movie that never fails to disappoint
- The vagaries of adaptation
- The best on-screen Emma Frost
- Gang emails of the 1990s
- William Castle
- The comedic genealogy of Max Headroom
- Hatley Castle
- The 2019 Super Doctor Astronaut Peter Corbeau Awards for Excellence at X-Cellence
NEXT WEEK: Jay & Miles go on vacation!
NEXT EPISODE: Bishop goes solo!
Special thanks to Christina Strain, Douglas Wolk, and Chip Zdarsky; and–always–to Matt Hunter, David Wynne, Tea Fougner, Anna Sheffey, and all of our patrons and listeners!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!