Normally, this would be a skip week and there wouldn’t be an episode – but things are pretty weird in the world right now. Let’s talk X-Men comfort reads – with bonus complete lack of editing!
In which Magneto is a drama llama in any universe (but a remarkably decent parent in at least one); the soap opera hits the Age of Apocalypse; Weapon X is a man made of red flags; Gambit has an OT3; the better man wins; some blanks are better left unfilled; and we would probably not fare too well on Earth-295.
- The other Magnus
- Earth-295 (more) (again)
- X-Men Chronicles #1-2
- Selective backstory
- Magneto’s hair
- Wundagore Mountain
- Aesthetics of the Age of Apocalypse
- The X-Men of Earth-295
- Magneto’s pedagogy
- More miscellaneous horsemen
- Weapon X (Logan)
- Cape Citadel, revisited
- The death of the Scarlet Witch
- Disaster Bisexual Gambit
- Wolverine (but not that one)
- Punks who may or may not also be scrimshanders
- Emotionally well-adjusted Quicksilver
- Further miracles of magnetism
- The narrative power of evocation
- Age of Somebody Else
- Jay and Miles of Earth-295
NEXT EPISODE: Summers Family Reunions somehow get even worse.
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!
After a lot of thought, we’ve made the difficult decision to pull out of Emerald City Comic Con 2020. As other creators have written, this isn’t a choice we’ve made lightly–we don’t do a lot of conventions, and ECCC is in many ways our home show, with a lot of love and traditions attached; as well as significant investments of time, money, and planning.
It’s worth pointing out that we’re very lucky: for us, those losses, while difficult, won’t be devastating. We’re also really, really angry, as we watch friends forced to choose between public health and their own livelihoods because the institutions responsible have so completely dropped that ball.
To the friends and fans who were planning to attend the show specifically to see us: we are so sorry to be missing you, and we’ll try to come up with something special over that weekend. To our listeners in the Pacific Northwest, we’re already well into planning an event in Portland at the end of April; while it’s obviously a far cry from ECCC, hopefully we’ll be able to see many of you in person there.
All our love,
Jay & Miles
Listen to the episode here.
LINKS & FURTHER EVENT HORIZONS:
- Come see us at Emerald City Comic Con! Miles is delightful in person; and Jay, um, exists corporeally.
- Jay wrote an X-Men comic! It’s about Cyclops, and it will be out in April. Please tell your local comics shop to order a lot of copies so that they will let him write more.
- Also, Thor: Metal Gods continues on over at Serial Box!
- We covered the first 3/4 of Legion Quest in Episode 285 – Immediately If Not Sooner…
- …and interviewed Fabian Nicieza about X-Force and a bunch of other stuff in Episode 250 – Minding the DNA!
- New Intersections: Queer Futurism and the Krakoan Body Politic is a really fascinating article.