In which Emergency Backup Co-Host Elisabeth Allie saves the day; the Berserkers are not the breakout hit you’ve been waiting for; Paul Smith continues to be awesome; nothing good ever happens in the Danger Room; Charles Xavier dabbles in cosplay; Nightcrawler has serious hat game; Rachel Summers lacks healthy coping skills; your life would be way more epic if Claremont narrated it; Northstar is a surprisingly good prom date; Loki is a total dick; and Longshot is totally Miles’s favorite.
- Madelyne Pryor
- X-Men/Alpha Flight vols. 1&2
- The Berserkers
- An unconventional model of family therapy
- Aggressive foreshadowing
- NPC dialogue
- Jazzercise superheroes
- Superhero color theory
- Those Who Sit Above in Shadow
- Norse fashion of the ‘80s
- Very specific superpowers
- Some sweet boots
- The price of power
- A deus ex machina squared
- Kitty and Piotr’s first date
- Snowbird’s powers
- Miles’s favorite X-Man
NEXT WEEK: Asgardian Wars!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Support us on Patreon!
Listen to the episode here!
Links and Further Reading:
- In Episode 34, we answered a question from a listener looking for textual evidence that Nightcrawler isn’t homophobic (we pointed them to Amazing X-Men #13). Rachel also discussed that question from a different angle–and at considerably more length–on the blog.
- Diana: Warrior Princess is both an incredibly fun game setting and a brilliant piece of cultural satire.
- We are big fans of both the Gamers movies and the humans responsible for them.
- Rachel and Elle talk a lot of shit about Hank Pym in Episode 4 of Into It.
In which we venture forth into an age undreamed of, there are so many reasons to have Northstar on your team, Selene is the worst guest, Rachel X-Plains Conan, Cyttorak is the Mordenkainen of the Marvel Universe, Miles loves Doctor Strange, we have some fairly serious Captain America feelings, the X-Men completely fail at hide-and-seek, and we make more D&D references in one episode than in the previous 34 combined.
- Beard privilege
- X-Men 189-192
- Anachronistic timeline markers
- The Culture Shock Class
- An Age Undreamed of
- Conan disambiguation
- Red Sonja vs. Red Sonya
- Kulan Gath
- Marvel Team-Up #79
- Barbarian Avengers
- Why we love Captain America
- Several haircuts
- WiFi sorcery
- A really good inspirational speech
- The inevitable cephalopod revolution
- Why Hank Pym is the absolute worst
- How Rachel Summers actually traveled back in time
- Warlock, Adam Warlock, and their respective Magi
- Politics, religion, and Nightcrawler
Edited to Add: In this episode, we answered a question from a listener looking for textual evidence that Nightcrawler isn’t homophobic (we pointed them to Amazing X-Men #13). We also discussed that question from a different angle–and at considerably more length–on the blog.
Next Week: Dazzler: The Movie!
You can find a visual companion to the episode on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!