Listen to the episode here!
LINKS AND FURTHER READING:
- The Mighty Thor #362 is one of the best issues of one of the best runs in Marvel history.
- For craft wonks, we recommend the hell out of the Thor Artist’s Edition, if you can get your hands on a copy.
- Actually, you know what? Just go read the whole Simonson run, right now. It’s collected and available in a bunch of forms. You won’t regret it. we promise.
- Once you’re done reading Thor, go watch Leverage, because it is wonderful.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which Asgardian Wars occupies the precise intersection of Miles’s favorite things; Marvel Asgard is your favorite metal album; no one appreciates Cypher; Wolfsbane gets some action; Warlock gets meta; Cannonball is a catch; Rachel Summers gets a new costume; Loki does Shakespeare; and Rachel overthinks Leverage.
- Various Mjolnirs and their attendant powers
- Asgardian Wars
- New Mutants Special Edition #1
- X-Men Annual #9
- The Surtwar
- Art Adams
- Amora the Enchantress
- Several pop culture cameos
- A really dubious beach party
- The Viking Sorceress Asgardian Portrait of Dorian Grey
- Ed Grimley
- Wolf makeouts
- The Marvel version of Norse mythology
- The Warriors Three
- Rule #1 of dealing with fairies
- A hawk ‘hawk
- A costume in somewhat questionable taste
- Interdimensional lightning-bolt mixology
- Our favorite Thor story, ever
- How to get your friends and neighbors into comics
- Asgardian mutants (or lack thereof)
- X-Leverage cross-casting
NEXT WEEK: Longshot!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Support us on Patreon!
Buy prints of this week’s illustration at our shop, or contact David Wynne for the original!