In which we welcome back Emergency Backup Co-Host Chris Sims; comics writers are basically supervillains; Cyclops is not here to have fun; Spider-Man flirts with objectivism; Murderworld is probably not financially sustainable; you should totally cosplay the Proletarian; Arcade may or may not secretly be the Archie Andrews of Earth-616; and Doctor Doom remains absolutely delightful.
- Captain Britain
- Francisco Scaramanga
- The vastly inferior Arcade of Earth-1610
- Uncanny X-Men #123-124, 146-147, 197
- Chris’s first X-Men
- A really sweet truck
- Spider-Man’s brief flirtation with objectivism
- What the X-Men do on their night off
- Hella nipples
- Miss Locke
- Mr. Chambers
- Marvel comics in the Marvel Universe
- A large number of elaborate deathtraps
- Soviet Nick Fury
- The Proletarian
- Phil and Tobe
- One way to celebrate your birthday
- Avengers Arena
- Miss Coriander
- The best non-X Arcade stories
- The end of
- Arcade at the Arcade
NEXT WEEK: Cloak and Dagger!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Support us on Patreon!
Listen to the podcast here!
P.S. We have some rad new stuff in our store, including dark-background Magneto Made Some Valid Points shirts and Chris Haley’s spiffy new YAYBO! design! Go buy shirts so we can buy comics!
In which Jean commits genocide, the Shi’ar are total dicks (again), we have feelings about X-Men #137, Claremont and Byrne do what they do best, shit gets real on the moon, Kitty joins the team, and the Dark Phoenix Saga concludes.
- The Kree
- The Terrigen Mist
- The Dark Phoenix
- Cameos with cosmic implications
- The Phoenix event horizon
- Establishing scale
- Psychic battles
- The winged never-nudes of the Marvel Universe
- Danger-room exposition
- The Shi’ar’s really dubious justice system
- Why X-Men #137 is the definitive issue of X-Men
- The power of friendship
- Quiet moments
- The blue area of the moon
- The best last stand
- Moon vandalism
- The Phoenix Retcon
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.