As Mentioned in Episode 44 – Assembling Legion, with Si Spurrier

Listen to the episode here!

LINKS AND FURTHER READING:

1. Jennifer Wolff says:

I’ve wanted Life Death II’s cover blown up poster sized on my wall ever since I found it in a dollar bin somewhere. Unfortunately the printing style of the time muddied most of the interior art, with the exception of the few pages with lighter backgrounds.

• Rachel says:

We go into this in the episode as well, but I really want there to be oversized artist editions of Lifedeath I and II. The colors are good, but that line art is just breathtaking.

• Mike Loughlin says:

That would be amazing. Have you guys read Adastra in Africa, aka Lifedeath III with the serial numbers filed off? It was published in b&z wand the highly-detailed line work looked amazing.

2. Dan says:

I loved Dani Moonstar’s immediate negative reaction to Jack in the first Legion story, and the way it played off Professor X’s impression that idolizing Jack made Legion more of a normal kid who was into adventure stories.

3. Sam Williams says:

If you’re reading this comment, that means you can and should be reading X-Men Legacy Vol. 2. Do it.

4. Steven says:

I think my no-prize explanation for Tom Corsi’s fringed boots is that’s what he wore to the gym prior to the Demon Bear Saga. Some people, once they have a look, don’t change for nothin’.

That said, I owe Si Spurrier an apology. When I first saw the set-up for Legacy, it seemed too pat and squared away. To have this legendarily problematic character declare his problems solved seemed to say that he was just going to be a regular superhero who sometimes thought “gee, I sure do have a lot of people in my head.” I suppose I should’ve known it was the calm before the storm. You would have to give him control for the first time ever to see how he handles losing it.

5. Justin says:

I seriously love the David Wynne print this week. So great.

It’s remarkable to me how often Legion stories bring out the best in artists. He’s got such a distinctive character design, and he communicates so much of his mindset through his posture.