In which we venture out of our wheelhouse; Contest of Champions is ridiculous in any medium; Captain Britain would like you to unhand that elf; the Fury is legitimately terrifying; the Special Executive is the best at heists; Brian Braddock knows exactly what he’s getting into; Merlyn is the multiversal Charles Xavier; and this is really just the tip of the iceberg.
- Various Contests of Champions
- Marvel UK
- Marvel Superheroes 377-388
- Daredevils 1-11
- Mighty World of Marvel 7-13
- Captain Britain (Brian Braddock)
- Mad Jim Jaspers
- The Crazy Gang
- Algernon the Rat
- Omniversal Majestrix Opal Luna Saturnyne
- Life-Enhancing Fluid
- The Fury
- Alan Moore juvenilia
- The (first) death and rebirth of Captain Britain
- How to make a retcon work
- Mastermind (but not that Mastermind)
- Emma Collins
- Pre-Psylocke Betsy Braddock
- The Trial of Saturnyne
- The Special Executive
- The Captain Britain Corps
- Captain U.K. (Linda McQuillan)
- Marvelman vs. Miracleman
- Future Traumatic Stress Disorder
NEXT EPISODE: But wait! There’s more!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!