In which Rogue flouts air traffic regulations; Jay is very sorry for how badly he butchers Gambit’s accent; stealth is directly proportionate to how loudly you dress; Rogue and Gambit win the gold in Pairs Punchin’; Candra is a big jerk; you should ABSOLUTELY NOT remove an impaled object; Rogue busts through some tropes; and we have complicated feelings about the Ultimate universe.
- Rogue’s biological parents
- Marvel New Orleans
- Brood Trouble in the Big Easy
- Rogue/rogue disambiguation
- Rogue #1-4
- Bella Donna Boudreaux
- What may or may not happen if Rogue kisses a Transformer
- Cody Robbins (again)
- Natural causes
- Supervillain funeral crashers (again)
- Inverse Ninja Law (Law of Conservation of Ninjutsu)
- The Bill the Pony incident
- Relative culpability
- Nature vs. nurture
- Tante Mattie (Mattie Baptiste)
- Candra’s new threads
- How long it takes to drive from Westchester, NY, to Caledcott, MI
- How Jay learned to love Gambit (but not to stop worrying)
- Punching hallucinations
- Knives as superpowers
- Inversions of several gendered superhero tropes
- The limits of intent
- Magnetos’ (sometimes) kids’ hair
- Whether we’ll cover Ultimate X-Men
NEXT EPISODE: Spiky boys, yelling!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!