Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
With guest Greg Rucka!
In which death is a revolving door, we really liked Days of Future Past, space pirates are the best pirates, Vulcan is (still) the worst, Miles has a Corsair costume, Lilandra has lovely plumage, no one knows how to pronounce “M’Kraan,” we studiously avoid discussing the Phoenix force, Saurids speak Hebrew, Raza Longknife’s name is a bit on the nose, Rachel is the worst at hugs, Greg has a ‘ship, and we all kind of identify with Cyclops.
- The Starjammers (and how to pronounce their names)
- The Shi’ar
- The Neremani Dynasty
- Apostrophe abuse
- The secret origins of the Starjammers
- Why Hepzibah talks like that
- The Rule of Cool
- Visor iterations
- Cyclops’s dubious deductive skills
- The All-New, All-the-Same X-Men
- Teenagers, again
- Cyclops #1
- Cyclops vs. Scott
- Rachel’s convention sketchbook
- Greg’s Kitty Pryde feelings
- An exceptionally vivid threat
- Intergalactic fashion
- Corsair’s pecs
- Key parties in space
- The greatest romance of the Marvel Universe
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Next week: Welcome to the Claremont era, listeners—hope you survive the experience!