In which Old Man Logan is probably better than it deserves to be; Steve McNiven is magical; the post-apocalyptic future probably belongs to the LARPers; Miles’s dad may or may not secretly be Hawkeye; all babies are supervillains; every movie should have a dinosaur chase scene; Emma Frost is our queen forever; and you should never trust a Hitler cosplayer.
- Wolverine: Lord of the Vampires
- Mark Millar
- Wolverine vol. 3 #66-72
- Giant-Size Wolverine: Old Man Logan
- The Hooded Man
- “Old Man Logan” vs. Old Man Logan
- The difference between Logan and Wolverine
- Old-timey apocalypses
- The Hulk Gang
- Old Man Hawkeye
- The Spider-Buggy
- Hammer Falls
- Several generations of supervillains
- How the world fell under darkness
- President Red Skull
- Some very cathartic violence
- Narrative functions of the rampage
NEXT EPISODE: Live from Emerald City Comic Con, with Dennis Hopeless & Charles Soule!
Special thanks to the Protomen.
The visual companion to this episode will be up when Jay has a working computer charger again.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!