ECCC 2018 Gallery – Part 1 – We Drew Some X-Men

We’re juuuuust about recovered from Emerald City Comic Con (be sure to check out the live episode), and finally ready to show off our mountains of photos! First up: All the table sketches we remembered to photograph!

(Not pictured: A handful of solos, a couple collaborative pieces, and the marriage proposal Jay was so bewildered that someone asked him to draw that he totally forgot to document it. If you got a sketch from us that isn’t pictured here, please feel free to share it in the comments!)

1. Lt. Grimdark says:

Two notes:

1. That’s a really good Warlock!
    2. I never knew how much I wanted a Lois Lane & Jimmy Olsen / Transmetropolitan crossover until just now.

2. Sam says:

These are great. You guys may not be professional artists, but you do a whole hell of a lot better than I could.

3. A friend of mine got 3 of these, the Maggott, Magik, and Shatterstar, for me and some people I know. We all met through the X-Men community on Twitter, mostly thanks to X-Plain! It is so cool to see these up here.

4. Robin Ell says:

I’m so glad I’m not the only one who thinks that Emma Frost is always in an over-sized sweater and yoga pants, and just psychically makes everyone think she’s wearing some “sexy” weirdo corset or bizarrely-holding one piece.

• Jay says:

It’s also the only viable explanation for the cheap, ill-fitting lingerie she tends to be drawn in: she provides a few key details, then lets the mind of the viewer fill in whatever their personal idea of “sexy” is around those.

• Robin Ell says:

Right? “I am totally wearing some sexy, x-shaped thing. Super sexy. You see sexiness. I am sexy incarnate.” Meanwhile, two-sizes-too-big sweater, yoga pants, hair that hasn’t been washed in a week, and spa sandals.

Weaponized femme but secretly lazy Emma is the best.

These are great, with Warlock being a standout, naturally.

Now, how do I go about getting hold of a copy of Warlock makes Friends with Appliances? 🙂

6. Colin says:

The Warlock one is really great.