In which Franklin Richards is definitely a normal human meat child; Thing’s code-name is delightfully ambiguous; your kids are probably robot sailors; it’s always a Doombot; Rachel accidentally identifies with Reed Richards; all dramatic roads lead to Latveria; and superheroes are terrible at conflict resolution.
- Franklin Richards
- Rachel & Miles at Rose City Comic Con
- Rachel & Miles X-Plain the X-Men LIVE
- Fantastic Four Versus the X-Men #1-4
- The best hugs in the biz
- The Fantastic Four
- Mr. Fantastic (Reed Richards)
- Invisible Woman (Susan Richards)
- Human Torch (Johnny Storm)
- Thing (Ben Grimm)
- The Fantasticast
- Special dreams (but not that kind)
- Alicia Masters (sort of)
- Dubiously informative cover art
- The doomed frenemyship of Reed Richards and Victor von Doom
- Varyingly competent parenting
- An awful lot of incidental nudity
- Ethics of super-science
- Robot sailors
- Dubious conflict-resolution skills
- Human Torch costume logistics
- Dr. Doom’s history with Magneto
- Relative roles and themes of Marvel teams
NEXT WEEK: X-Factor still hasn’t really gotten the hang of doors.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!