In which we record our first live episode; Rose City Comic Con is AMAZING; Ann tells us how to torture the X-Men; Jean Grey needs more friends; Chris survives an encounter with an angry vampire; Squirrel Girl sets the high bar for questions; everyone has opinions about Longshot’s hair; Jeff gets meta; Cyclops is the best at fighting Sentinels; and Rachel ALMOST gets through an entire panel without swearing.
- Cable (Nathan Summers)
- Stryfe (Also Nathan Summers)
- Rose City Comic Con
- Christopher Yost
- Jeff Parker
- Ann Nocenti
- The X-Men
- Superheroes vs. soap operas
- Continuity vs. evolution
- Updating the Silver Age
- What defines an X-book
- All of our iconic X-eras
- Close encounters of the fan kind
- The Continuiteens
- Marvel Girl and Squirrel Girl team-ups
- Narrative regrets
- How we’d end the X-Men
- X-Men best suited to professional wrestling
- Our personal mutant metaphors
- Which of the X-Men is best at fighting Sentinels
NEXT WEEK: Fallen Angels!
There’s no visual companion this week, but you can see photos from the panel, party, and more in our Rose City Comic Con roundup!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!