In which the Cross-Time Caper continues; alliteration is awesome; someone else’s geopolitical conflict is not an appropriate place to play out your pirate fantasies; we are definitely not actually going to eat Alan Davis’s brains; Jamie Braddock is Evil Rex Racer; Widget eats a car; Rick Leonardi is the definitive fill-in artist; the problem is patriarchy; and everything’s sticky in Madripoor.
- Excalibur #16-19
- A John Carter riff
- A mysterious and dubiously reliable narrator
- A terrible pick-up line
- Gender-neutral fantasy armor
- Implicit fellatio in several media
- Space Fred Savage
- An alternate Jean Grey (and her untimely demise)
- Tullamore Voge
- A grand tourney
- A deeply disappointing pastiche
- Dirty Pair (and a sustained riff thereon)
- What makes a train sexy
- Wolverine’s table manners
- Jim Jaspers vs. Jamie Braddock vs. Jamie Jeffers
NEXT EPISODE: Fill-In Frenzy!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!