In which X-Force is the cotton candy of comics; Jay & Miles overanalyze; eye spots are not the new domino masks; Feral is all about some murder; Black Tom and Juggernaut remain a delightful criminal power couple; Siryn’s costume is on point; over the edge is where we live; Jay gets briefly and intensely into Todd McFarlane; nothing will convince us that Fabian Nicieza did not know exactly what he was doing; and Kelly Thompson is a national treasure.
- X-Force #1-4
- Spider-Man #16
- Leaping, both literal and metaphorical
- Boom Boom
- Siryn (Theresa Cassidy) (again)
- The second and third-best-selling issues of all time
- The Profit$
- A very violent catchphrase
- Chalet Shwartzkopf
- Power Poses™ with Gideon™
- The All-New, All-Different Weapon X (Garrison Kane)
- Good vs. Awesome
- George Washington Bridge
- A moment so dramatic that it produces a second Shatterstar in a single panel
- Some sports stuff, kind of
- Uncomfortable anachronism
- The stylistic necessity of healing factors
- Marvel Unlimited view options
- Rogue and Gambit
NEXT EPISODE: The not remotely triumphant return of Technet!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!