In which the Shi’ar have zero chill; Bishop and Deathbird do space opera; we travel to the far-future year of 2018; Alanna Nerimani stretches the definition of “bird”; Deathbird is the cool aunt; Bishop needs a break from dark futures; and Bishop and Sauron have an intimate encounter.
- The current number of Summers brothers
- Uncanny X-Men #358
- Team X 2000
- The Shi’ar Empire (more) (again)
- Shi’ar voices
- Parker Posey vs. Posie Parker
- Sexual dimorphism in art
- The Ursaa
- The Chnitt
- Several cameos
- Nullifier charges
- The first appearance of Cyclops’s Captain America teddy bear
- Alan Smithee
- Deathbird’s terrible childhood
- Shi’ar-occupied Earth
- Alanna Nerimani
- Your cool murder aunt
- Deathbird’s war journals
- The Morlocks (but not those ones)
- Team X (but not that one)
- A very sexual encounter
- Explorations of disability and ableism in comics
- Beast’s long, slow heel turn
NEXT EPISODE: Domino rejoins X-Force!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!