Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher |
In which you should all come see us at FlameCon; all lizards are good lizards; we recap a recap; the Phoenix force is really complicated; Earth-99476 may or may not be the secret history of Earth-616; Alan Davis takes on continuity; the X-Men fail to save the day; the Phoenix says its piece; Rachel takes a vacation in space; Captain Britain doesn’t like to be psychoanalyzed; and the Crazy Gang gets a happy ending.
- Evil Shadowcats
- Jay & Miles at FlameCon
- Excalibur #51, 52, and 54
- A brief history of Excalibur
- The Phoenix Force
- A recap of a recap
- What this episode isn’t covering
- Lizard Excalibur
- The most meta t-shirt in the multiverse
- Several long-ago Halloween costumes
- Dinosaurs of Earths-616 and -99476
- National Lampoon Vacation apocrypha
- Earth-99476 and its Savage Land
- The Fantastic Five
- A vow of vengeance
- Feron as an antecedent to Kubark
- Alan Davis’s modern authorial counterpart
- A telepathic journey
- The full history of the Phoenix Force (as established circa 1991)
- Inherited vs. inherent mutant powers (and a No-Prize explanation thereof)
- The rehabilitation of Rachel Summers
- Several retcons yet to come
- Jean Grey’s inconsistent relationship to the Phoenix Force
- A mysterious disappearance
- What the Crazy Gang has been up to
- The nicest kind of twist
- A very easy way to make Kitty Pryde textually queer
- Differentiating X-teams
- The X-Plain Discord
- Strong Guy’s new hobby
NEXT EPISODE: Cable: Blood & Metal
UPDATE: Not only can birds see color, but they can see a wider spectrum than humans. THE MORE YOU KNOW!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Find us on iTunes or Stitcher!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
We’re in the process of migrating our official shop to TeePublic! Click over to check it out! (You can still find the designs we haven’t moved yet at Redbubble.)