In which everyone’s got Inferno issues; Brett Blevins makes it work; Belasco is conspicuously absent from Inferno; you should never go into Hell barefoot; the greatest X-Men stories are about loss; and Illyana Rasputin finally gets a fairy tale ending.
- Tempus (Eva Bell)
- Storm and Illyana: Magik #1-4 (briefly)
- The two major Inferno plotlines
- New Mutants #71-73
- The best of Brett Blevins
- The rise and fall of Magik
- The ethics of time-travel interventions
- A weaponized retcon
- N’astirh Guy™
- A chair that is also a moral event horizon
- A significant soul-armor upgrade
- Several variations on a chapter title
- Possessed New York
- An overly complex conspiracy theory
- A bittersweet reunion
- The Kobayashi Maru scenario as applied to X-Men
- An even more bittersweet victory (of sorts)
- The eventual return of Magik (sort of)
- Why it’s really irresponsible to affiliate your school with a superhero team
- Our favorite versions of Wolfsbane’s transitional form
The Rise of the Goblin Queen!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!