In which we bid a fond farewell to Bill Sienkiewicz; Secret Wars II continues to ruin everything; the New Mutants end up in an improbable number of gladiatorial arenas; Shadowcat’s secondary mutation is queer subtext; Magik gives no fucks about your crossover event; Warlock transcends storytelling conventions; and Karma rejoins the team.
- The chronologically inconsistent mobility of Professor Xavier
- The Shadow King
- New Mutants #29-34
- Steve Leialoha
- The Arena (more) (again)
- Evil group projects
- Easter eggs
- Rachel Summers: butch fashion icon
- Some major failures of positive size diversity in comics
- The incredible changing Guthries
- The wickedest club in Cairo
- Default X-teams
- Cypher’s powers
NEXT WEEK: Miles and Elisabeth Allie X-Plain X-Men / Alpha Flight
No visual companion this week, because, reasons.
Support us on Patreon!