In which Nightcrawler does Weird Tales; Iceman does Back to the Future; we want a vacation home in Dave Cockrum’s brain; Bamfs are terrible; the 1983 Iceman miniseries is straight-up bananas; parents just don’t understand; and Rachel will take literally any excuse to talk smack about John Ruskin.
- Nightcrawler #1-4
- Bizarre Adventures #27
- Iceman #1-4
- The Well at the Center of Time
- The downside to hanging out with pirates
- A shark wizard in a tiny loincloth
- Better living through sound-effect awareness
- The key to a classic Nightcrawler story
- The full extent of Rachel’s Smurfs knowledge
- Cretaceous Sam
- Illyana Rasputin’s porn collection
- The Drake family
- An exceptionally unlikely girl next door
- The definitive Miles’s Mom anecdote
- Marge Smith / Mirage
- White Light
- Kali (but not that one)
- Two generations of Officers Ratchit
- Pornography no one wants to see
- Death by time travel
- Night Man (kinda)
- Our ideal cross-media adaptations
NEXT WEEK: X-Men ’92, with Chris Sims and Chad Bowers!
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!