As Mentioned in Episode 144 – Giant-Size Special #5 (feat. Kid Apocalypse)
Listen to the episode here.
Your friend is extremely agitated and saying strange things. Do you: a) call a super-scientist like Reed Richards, b) call a telepath like Jean Grey, or c) throw her in a straitjacket and hope for the best? (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Wolverine violently poses forward! (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Cable as a wizard with Warlock as a wizard-staff? YES PLEASE (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
You can tell a lot about an artist by how they draw Warlock. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Oh, Doug the Peasant – you may not have your 616 counterpart’s mutant linguistic abilities or Alan Davis Hair Swoop, but at least you have… a mom who’s kind of a jerk? (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
“I mean, jeez, Richard! I could have been on the can or something! (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Yeah, that’s pretty much the normal way to check how strong booze is. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Congratulations, Princess Rain! Now that you’re properly orphaned, you can start your quest – grab a wooden sword and cloth armor and get going! (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Fantasy-Magneto’s outfit: not all that different from Normal-Magneto’s outfit. That reflects well on both of them. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
“You make a valid point owwwwww” (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Magnus’s text parser needs some work. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
New Mutants, Earth 616 style… (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
…and Earth 1991 style. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Andy Kubert draws a pretty kick-ass Werewolf Rahne. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Okay, I know Wolverine’s the bad guy right now, but that’s legit badass. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
This was my favorite part of Hugh Jackman’s Les Miserables. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Cable: master of witty comebacks in any reality. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Wolverine improving his catchphrase? Magnus playing Sentinel? This spread has it all! (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
This is no one’s finest hour. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Wake up, punch Cable, fall back asleep. I’d call that a successful day! (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Wolverine, I know you meant that to be reassuring, but it actually sounds pretty threatening. (Wolverine: Rahne of Terra)
Next time: this guy.
THE 2016 SUPER DOCTOR ASTRONAUT PETER CORBEAU AWARDS FOR EXCELLENCE IN X-CELLENCE
- Best X-Writer: Dennis Hopeless
- Best X-Artist: Alti Firmansyah
- Best X-Colorist: David Curiel
- Best Ongoing Series: All-New Wolverine
- Best Miniseries: Worst X-Man Ever
- Good Sport Award: Scott Koblish
- Best Book Miles Wishes He Hadn’t Put Off Reading For This Long: Marjorie Liu’s X-23
- Fun-Matters-More-Than-Good Award: X-Men: Apocalypse
- Best Actual Wolverine Award: Jonathan the Actual Wolverine
- Irene Adler Memorial Award for Most Anticipated Upcoming Book Or Series: Generation X
- Cyclops Has A Good Day award: Cyclops had no good days.
- Best Stealth X-Series: New Avengers
- Kristafer Anka Award For Best Withering Sneer In An X-Book: Emma Frost in Inhumans vs. X-Men #1
- Wet Noodle Award: The Noodle Incident
- Making Lemonade Award: Inhumans vs. X-Men
- Best Non-X Marvel Book: The Vision
CLASSIC CORBEAUS (for older X-material covered in the podcast during 2016)
- Best Cover Ever Forever: Excalibur #4
- Buried Treasure: Havok & Wolverine: Meltdown
- Why-Isn’t-This-Collected Award: X-Factor: Judgment War
- Still Crying Award: New Mutants #64
- The Unhand That Elf Award: “Unhand that elf!”
- Better To Reign In Hell Award: Madelyne Pryor
- You Tried Award: Illyana Rasputin
- ABD Award: Havok, for still not finishing his dissertation
- Still the Best Listeners of Any Podcast, Ever – You!
LINKS AND FURTHER READING:
- Find Kid Apocalypse on Twitter and Bandcamp!
- Listen to Dennis Hopeless’s original, super-secret, censored version of the Noodle Incident in the cold open of Episode 104!
- You can hear Scott Koblish’s rap battle with Jay in the cold open to Episode 105…
- …and his performance of Jay’s song about Summers continuity in the cold open to Episode 134!