In which the Xavier Institute for Higher Learning should really be the setting of a stoner comedy; Garrabed Bashur’s brain is probably 90% porn by now; the tide always takes the castle; William Drake remains terrible; Adam X the X-Treme deserved better; Jay pitches a series; disability is not a boolean and exclusively medically-defined state; and we are all about some weird X-Men tie-in products.
- Mariko Yoshida in the afterlife
- Moon Talk
- Some upcoming X-books
- X-Men #38-39
- Uncanny X-Men #319
- Many unhealthy coping mechanisms
- Sinister foreshadowing
- Fancy hair
- Commcast (Garabed Bashur)
- Hawk sex
- An exceptionally resonant callback
- Intersectional bigotry
- The domestic dynamics of the Drake household
- The remarkably poignant return of Adam X the X-Treme
- The opposite of a Jack London story
- An unlikely intergenerational frienship
- A novel use of a novel superpower
- Mutation as and intersecting with disability
- X-Men tie-in products we’d like to see
NEXT EPISODE: X-Factor fills in!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!