In which Max Carleton and Miles take a trip back to the Silver Age, the origins of Marvel Girl’s telepathy are questionable, the nature of Polaris’s parentage is also questionable, and the quality of Sauron’s origin story shall never be questioned.
- The Locust (Dr. August Hopper)
- Uncanny X-Men #46, 52, and 60
- Genuine tragedy
- Funereal fashion
- Frederick “Amos” Duncan
- The Juggernaut (Cain Marko) (again)
- The Crimson Cosmos
- Energy globules
- Charles Xavier’s telepathy lending library
- Jean Grey, spiteful seamstress
- Erik the Red (the first one) (Scott Summers)
- Lorna Dane, fashion icon
- Filially-obligated villainy
- The sadly short-lived Roy Thomas / Neal Adams run
- Suspension of disbelief
- Sauron (Karl Lykos, fantasy nerd)
- Alex Summers, perpetual captive and/or villain battery
- Miles’s favorite two-page spread
- How to choose the perfect supervillain name
- X-Men: The Animated Series, 1960s Edition
- Our Silver Age X-creator wish list
NEXT EPISODE: Excalibur!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog.
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!
Buy rad swag at our TeePublic shop!