In which the Morlocks used to have more agency, we have a surprising amount to say about the Rat King from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Archangel receives some exceptionally disturbing news, and 90s comics are all about finding the parts you love.
- Marrow’s internal organs
- The post-Image Exodus era
- Judging books by their covers
- Uncanny X-Men #291-293
- Sexy dead girls (again)
- The Morlock leadership vacuum
- A significant Callisto personality retcon
- Failures of leadership due to own-death-faking
- The magical life and magical death of the Morlock Sewer Wizard
- Science Made Stupid
- Storm’s claustrophobia (again)
- MeMe, scourge of Miles’s childhood
- 90s Jean Grey: cartoon vs comic
- The Br’er Rabbit Technique
- Some unfortunate and significant continuity errors
- Professor Xavier’s impressive upper body strength
- Mikhail Rasputin’s genuinely terrifying mutant powers
- Bobby Drake’s potential
- Morlock organizational techniques
- Mikhail Rasputin’s very bad plan
- Jean Grey’s real talk
- The Home for Infinite Losers
- Piotr Rasputin, tragedy collector
- Copyright law and Fair Use
- Queer headcanon
NEXT EPISODE: Hub from Titan Up the Defense joins Miles to talk Bronze Age X-weirdness!
Check out the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!