In which Claremont levels up; the Brood are legitimately scary; Colossus is an ethical dude; Nightcrawler and Wolverine share beers in the face of certain death; Storm turns into a space whale; we are Carol Corps for life; New Mutants are really into Magnum, P.I.; Kitty meets a dragon; and Xavier dies (again).
- The Brood Saga (X-Men #161-167)
- Paul Smith
- Space fashion
- A really terrible awards ceremony
- Tim O’Brien’s X-Men
- The Brood
- How to tell a good Wolverine story
- Rocket sharks
- The single most badass magical-girl transformation sequence of all time
- The X-Men’s Kobayashi Maru
- Friendship (more) (again)
- The Acanti
- Whether Cyclops watches Star Trek
- The New Mutants
- Our secret cold-open formula
- Cosmic crossovers
Next Week: Kurt Busiek! We would have words with thee!
You can find a visual companion to the episode – and links to recommended reading – on our blog.
Support us on Patreon!