In which we travel back in time to 1979 for our second live convention special; X-Men Annual #3 desperately needs a Queen soundtrack; George Perez draws great Banshee; Polemachus is kind of a bullshit planet; we dream of a world without Funky Winkerbean; Cyclops’s costume does not mix and match well; if you can be someone else, you should probably be Brian Blessed; Colossus gets a dragon; and Vegas Valley Comic Book Festival is awesome.
- X-misadventures in Las Vegas
- X-Men Annual #3
- Arkon the Magnificent
- Isadore and Irmagarde Uhman
- The Comical Books
- Polemachus the planet vs. Polemachus the person
- Funky Winkerbean
- Several logistical problems with the Danger Room
- MVP Cyclops
- Some very good visual counterpoint to dialogue
- Paperboard lightning bolt disambiguation
- Jay’s favorite Starman story
- X-title and music pairings
- Visual perspective in grand melees
- How to order a meal on Polemachus
- One specific variation on Cyclops’s powers
- The X-Men as Spinal Tap
- Space-barbarian eyewear
- The annual cabinet
- The most appropriate X-team placement for Funky Winkerbean
- Best worst characters
- Our favorite X-Force teams
- Secret Convergence on Infinite Podcasts
NEXT WEEK: Somehow, Cameron Hodge manages to get even worse.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!