In which the X-Men finally follow up on a dropped plotline; you should probably not mess with abandoned star sharks; “Dawn of Blood” is a sometimes food; The Goblin Queen makes her first appearance; we debut a new podcast feature; and there may or may not be a frozen woman in the Xavier School basement.
- The Providian Order
- Uncanny X-Men #232-234
- The Brood (again)
- Several ill-fated campers
- Harry Palmer
- The Brood as horror antagonists
- Why John Doggett is the best X-Files agent
- Psylocke’s armor
- Why Nestor Carbonell should play Gambit
- Some deeply dubious codenames
- Red Bee
- Michael the Bee
- Reverend William Conover and his Glory Day Crusade
- The Mile High Diner
- The strange case of Hannah Conover
- One hell of a nightmare
- A deal with a devil
- The direct market
- Ways to approach an endless serial
- Madelyne meets and strikes a deal with S’ym
- First appearance of the Goblin Queen costume
NEXT EPISODE: Evolutionary War
CORRECTION: In this episode, Jay recalled the direct market as having been conceived in significant part by Carol Kalish. It was, in fact, the brainchild of Phil Seuling.
You can find a visual companion to this episode–and links to recommended reading–on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!