In which Justin Thyme is a forgotten superstar of comics; Nazis should pretty much never be used as a metaphor; Charles Xavier is somehow even worse than usual; Excalibur may lack object permanence; Phoenix defeats Hitler with the power of gayness; we may have hit Peak Nocenti; Brett Blevins should draw Boom Boom forever; and the New Mutants get a taste of media theory.
- The exact nature of Shatterstar and Longshot’s relationship
- Excalibur: Weird War III
- New Mutants Summer Special: A Mutant in Megalopolis
- Justin Thyme
- Bad Kansas
- Nazi Charles Xavier
- Kinda-Nazi Moira MacTaggert
- The Reichsmen
- Lightning Squad (again)
- Naked Space Xavier
- Largely unsuccessful denouement
- The Wobbly Sneaker Gang
- Media theory and several of its anthropomorphic personifications
- Socially conscious comics
- The Gifted
- The New Mutants trailer
NEXT EPISODE: Lockheed X-Plains Excalibur!
You can find the visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Jay and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!