In which Rachel Summers went to sleep with Wolverine’s claws in her dreams and now there’s claws in her lungs and when she got out of bed this morning she tripped on her traumatic backstory and by mistake she dropped the Phoenix Force in the sink while the water was running and she could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
- Freedom Force
- Supervillains’ day jobs
- Uncanny X-Men #206-209
- The X-Men’s first brief tenure in San Francisco
- Terrible house guests
- Lindsay McCabe
- David Ishima
- Bree Morrell
- A metaphorical ghost story
- Lycanthropy, but dumber
- The crossing of several ethical lines
- Death by narrative stasis (and also impaling)
- Craft night at the Hellfire Club
- Death by costume satin (and also heart failure)
- One way to write someone out of a book
- Our favorite Summers kids
Special thanks to Elle Collins
NEXT WEEK: The New Mutants break your heart.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!