In which the New Mutants return from space; Professor Xavier ruins everything; Magneto is the Craig Pelton of X-Men; Cypher carouses shamefully with Hellfire tramps; Karma quits the team; and we wrap up Chris Claremont’s New Mutants run.
- Leong and Nga Coy Manh
- New Mutants #51-54
- The Starjammers (again)
- The paradox of Professor X
- Several dramatic speeches
- The Hellfire Club for Creative Anachronism
- Plan Omega (but not that one)
- A fairly epic dress-code violation
- Magik vs. Limbo
- A very specific bit of fancasting
- Best Magneto
- What X-fans (may or may not) live for
- A well-wrought nightmare
- Hellion disambiguation
- Doug Ramsey’s Fancy Hair
- New Mutants X Frank Zappa
- Wacky teen hijinks at the Hellfire Club
- Carousing shamefully with Hellfire tramps
- A heroic challenge
- A counterintuitive heart’s desire
- Claremont’s New Mutants run.
- Emma Frost’s accent
- The sounds of blastin’
NEXT WEEK: It’s hard to be Havok.
You can find a visual companion to this episode on our blog!
Rachel and Miles X-Plain the X-Men is 100% ad-free and listener supported. If you want to help support the podcast–and unlock more cool stuff–you can do that right here!